Event and party planning ideas, plus regional happenings.
* Upcoming Portland Area Magic Shows
* How to Make a Perfect Burger on the Grill
* Penn & Teller: The Biggest Names In Magic Invade Portland
Last month we were in Las Vegas for a few days. It was during the Salsa dance convention that they have each July. While there, we got to take in a few magic shows.
My wife and I saw Mike Hammer. He was hilarious. Plus strong magic to boot! He’d make it as a stand-up comedian even if he didn’t have skills in magic. Don’t pass up his show if you are in Vegas.
Next, I saw Nathan Burton… alone. In case you were wondering, most magician wives have an appetite for magic that is a bit more limited than their husband’s. Wow…Nathan… that guy stuns you with illusion after illusion in rapid succession. Solid show all around.
Lastly, Clara and I went to see magician Murray Sawchuck. Murray had some really clever audience interactions during the show had some interesting magic effects.
Which Vegas Magic Shows Would I Recommend?
The question is … when planning a Vegas trip with limits on either your time, cash, or interest in magic, then which show should you see?
In our two trips to Vegas, we’ve never been able to see Penn & Teller. But, we have seen the shows of David Copperfield, Mat Franco, and Mac King. Of all of these shows, my show recommendations would be in this order:
1) Mac King – great comedy magic
2) Mike Hammer – great comedy magic
3) David Copperfield – awesome grand illusion show
4) any of the others.
Magician Murray Sawchuck
Magician Mike Hammer
Upcoming Portland Area
(details being finalized)
Sep 6 at 7:30pm
Sep 13 at 7:30pm
Sep 14 at 7:30pm
Oct 4 at 7:30pm
Nov 1 at 7:30pm
Will You Be Grilling On Labor Day?
How to Make a Perfect Burger on the Grill
There’s more than one way to cook a burger, and grilling up the seemingly simple sandwich has more steps—and pitfalls—than you might think. Here are some of my favorite tricks for make juicy, perfect burgers on the grill every time. (If you are sadly sans grill, don’t fret—you can still make smash burgers.)
Penn & Teller: The Biggest Names In Magic Invade Portland
For those of you who have been hiding under a rock, Penn & Teller are huge in the magic entertainment industry. Their accolades span 40 years of performing. They have a show in Vegas that’s been running for 17 years at the Rio Hotel and Casino. They’ve had sold out shows on Broadway, world tours, 3 TV series. The current one is Penn & Teller Fool Us on the CW Network. On this show top magicians around the world try to fool Penn & Teller. In 2013 this comedy magic duo was awarded their own star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
With all of that said, they are coming to Portland for one night only. September 14 at the Keller Auditorium. If you’re lucky you may still be able to buy tickets. I’ve got mine…. you’d better hurry.
Impress Your Guests
Hire Magician Michael Douglas for astounding close-up magic or hilarious stand-up comedy magic at your event.
(From our friends at eventindustrynews.com)
Connect With Us Today
- You are receiving this email because you, or an impostor posing as you, have communicated with us about an event that you were planning.
- UNSUBSCRIBE using the link below. Please do not mark us as spam.
- To be sure you receive communications from us, please add email@example.com to your email address book.
- Images used in this email may be owned by the originator of the article being promoted.
- We may have an affiliate relationship with products or services mentioned. Using our link costs you nothing more and sends us a few coins.